With the increase in temperatures all over the world, air conditioners have become the most sought-after cooling appliances for all homes and offices. Air conditioners are made up of several parts that work in coordination with each other to produce a cooling effect in the air around it. One such important component is the compressor of the air conditioner.
What is a compressor?
A compressor plays several pivotal roles in the operation of an air conditioner. It is known as the heart of an air conditioner. A compressor circulates the refrigerant in the coils during the heat exchange. In other words, the AC compressor powers the air conditioner to absorb the heat from the indoor space, cools the hot air and pushes this cooled air back into the room.
Types of air conditioner compressors
There are many types of air conditioner compressors. The role of all these compressors is the same. They only differ in their functioning. One of the most common and most popular types of air conditioner compressor is the rotary air conditioner compressor.
Another common air conditioner compressor is the reciprocating compressor which resembles the engine of a car. It consists of arranged cylinders with a piston. The push and pull mechanism of the piston compresses the gas and then dispels it.
Let’s take a closer look at rotary type of compressor and the advantage of investing in rotary compressor type air conditioners.
The mechanism in a rotor compressor air conditioner consists of rotors placed in a cylinder. In these type of air conditioners, the refrigerant is pushed through the rotating rotors in the cylinder and compressed
Rotary air conditioners are a popular choice among buyers because, although slightly more expensive than reciprocating compressor air conditioners, rotary compressor air conditioners produce less noise and give out compressed air at lower temperatures.
Reciprocating compressor air conditioners make more sound and vibrate more than rotary compressor air conditioners. However, they are less expensive than rotary compressor air conditioners.
Here are some factors to consider before you invest in an air conditioner
- Check for compressor type. Rotary compressor air conditioners are popular in residential homes and offices because of their energy saving features and also because they produce less sound when compared to reciprocating compressor air conditioners.
- The capacity of the air conditioner is an important factor to consider before you invest in an air conditioner. The capacity of the air conditioner depends on the size of the room and amount of direct sunlight that enters the room.
- Find out if the air conditioner fan comes in various fan speeds which can adjusted according to the temperature in your room
- Does your air conditioner have a dehumidifier? A dehumidifier button on an air conditioner reduces the amount of humidity present in the air.
- Also check if the air conditioner has a filter. A filter is useful when it comes to eliminating bad odours from the room and eliminating bacteria.