The harsh summers of Qatar have made air conditioners (ACs) an indispensable part of every household. As a result, most Qataris prefer replacing their ACs as soon as the efficiency of these machines drops. However, you must remember that the average lifespan of a split AC in Qatar is about 15 to 20 years.
This means it is not economical to replace them every 5 years if they start malfunctioning or lose their peak cooling capacity. The best option is to perform regular maintenance like servicing. Here are a few dos and don’ts that can help you get the best out of your AC.
Split AC in Qatar – Dos and Don’ts
Do’s of Maintaining a Split AC in Qatar
- Do clean your AC filter every month. Cleaning the air filter of your split AC is an extremely important part of regular maintenance. After all, the cool air you enjoy passes through this filter each time it is released into your room. A dirty air filter will obstruct the airflow.
- Do hire a professional to clean and lubricate your split AC’s motor. This needs to be done every three years. This will increase the energy efficiency of your split AC motor. If your AC’s motor runs smoothly, you will notice lower electricity bills as well as better cooling in your room.
- Do consult a professional to inspect the air ducts of your split AC in Qatar. Due to rapid changes in atmospheric air pressure, there may be leakages in your AC’s air ducts. This can cause loss of air and therefore reduced cooling in your room.
- Do switch on the ceiling fans when using your split AC. This will help reduce the pressure on your AC to cool the room or even the entire house. Less stress on your split AC motor means better longevity for the appliance.
Don’ts of Maintaining a Split AC in Qatar
- Don’t use an extension cord with the power cable of your split AC in Qatar. Extension cords often lead to reduced voltage delivery. If the voltage keeps dropping, then your AC’s energy efficiency will plummet leading to higher electricity bills.
- Don’t use any kind of sharp objects to clean the outdoor units of your split AC in Qatar. These outdoor units have condenser fins and any type of strong sharp object could damage these, leading to leakages and other unwanted AC troubles.
- Don’t leave doors to hallways and passages open when the split AC is turned on in your room. Most hallways and passages are connected to shafts in the building that can suck out cool air from your room. This will overwork your split AC leading to lower energy efficiency and an increased risk of inner components giving away sooner than they have to.
- Don’t directly wash the air filters of your split AC with water. Some makers of split AC in Qatar have delicate fibres in the filters. Directly spraying these filters with water can cause these fibres to get damaged. Moreover, wet AC filters take longer to dry and hence it is better to wipe them with a moist cloth rather than spray them directly with water.
By following Split AC in Qatar – Dos and Don’ts safety guidelines you will be able to increase the longevity of your split AC in Qatar. This means you will no longer need to buy new split ACs every 5 or 10 years. Proper maintenance and care will ensure that your split AC lasts anywhere between 15 to 20 years in Qatar. Moreover, the best to ensure proper care split ACs is to purchase from Oryxtec, for the best product choices.